Life...you have a plan of how you want and think it will go. You follow the steps to achieve all you have dreamed of but occasionally life will throw you a curve ball that will derail all of your original plans. You are left collecting the pieces, trying to put the puzzle back together and trying to figure out what to do when all of your dreams fall through. This is the story of us, picking up our pieces...

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Another Disappointment…

Many of you probably think that we are in the middle of a cancelled cycle, because that’s what we told everyone.  The truth is Dave and I went through a whole complete cycle, trigger shot, insemination and all.  We decided not to tell anyone because I didn’t want to be hounded and constantly asked how I was feeling, if I had started my period or if I had tested yet.


This morning I took a HPT and the result was negative.  I started my period this afternoon and am now waiting on a call back from the Dr. to find out if I am coming in for an ultrasound today and starting shots tonight.   

I am discouraged. I am disappointed, crushed, devastated and heart broken.  There were five mature follicles before the trigger.  All I wanted was just one to be fertalized.  If I couldn’t fertilize just one egg when I had so many to begin with how am I ever going to be able to get pregnant?   

The tears are coming and going.  I wish I was at home laying on the couch with my pup and a blanket crying my eyes out.  That would make me feel better right now…  

No comments:

Post a Comment