Life...you have a plan of how you want and think it will go. You follow the steps to achieve all you have dreamed of but occasionally life will throw you a curve ball that will derail all of your original plans. You are left collecting the pieces, trying to put the puzzle back together and trying to figure out what to do when all of your dreams fall through. This is the story of us, picking up our pieces...

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I Should Be Sleeping...

It's almost 10:30 and I know I should be sleeping. My mind is so weighed down. I am so stressed and overwhelmed my chest is heavy. I'm sure I sound like a broken record but these feelings overwhelm me at times.

Things have been going ok. We started my shots again and increased the dosage to a vial and a half a day. I went for my blood work and ultrasound on Saturday and my levels were up from 45 to 84, things were looking positive. The ultrasound didn't say much as you normally can't see follicle growth until your estrogen levels are over 100. Per the Dr's orders I had continued with vial and a half, in hopes to produce more than one egg this time, and had another appointment for more blood and another ultrasound today.
I should have known that today was going to be a bad day when I woke up ay 6:27 and needed to be out of the house by 6:30 in order to make it to the lab by 7:00. I don't know what it is but I am always tired lately. Correction...I know exactly why. This medication makes me extremely nauseous, dizzy and tired so if I am not one I am another.  I rushed out the house and thankfully made it to the lab on time, no make up and barely brushed teeth. I gave my donation of blood and went on my merry way to work.
At roughly 9:30 I got an email stating my tests results were in. I scurried to the internet as fast as possible in hopes to see my elevated levels. Unfortunately my excitement ended rather abruptly when I saw my levels had dropped from the 84 to 52. My throat was in my stomach. Why is this happening? I called the Dr to see of I even needed to come in for my ultrasound considering my levels were so low and my assumptions were correct.

With a tight throat and tears in my eyes I asked the nurse why this was happening to me, what was going on and what it meant. I was given the standard answer lately, its because of my hypothalamic amenorrhea. I am so sick of that its not even funny. I guess I should be grateful that my body has even responded to the.medication given my circumstances but honestly that's hard to do when you are the one in the situation. I try to be as positive as I can, I promise, but you walk a day in my shoes and see how your spirits are at the end of that day.

In attempts to bring my levels up, we are now doing 2 vials a night. I have another follow up appointment on Friday for more blood work, how do I even have any left to give, and hopefully an ultrasound. Now I just wait and continue to pray. Maybe I'll be able to sleep now that all of this is off my chest....

No comments:

Post a Comment