Why was I begging to have a period again? This sucked. I think I forgot what it was like and what to expect. I had to call my girlfriend on Saturday to confirm I wasn't spotting, I think that was just wishful thinking.
Yesterday, Monday, I get a call from the Dr. telling me I had to come in that day for an ultrasound to ensure my ovaries were still looking good so I can start shots again. I rushed to the Dr.'s office at lunch to take a peak inside an to have my blood work done. Everything looked good in the ultrasound. The blood work came back and my estrogen and FSH levels were low, I'm not surprised considering I haven't been on the hormone for 2 weeks. Last cycle I was using 1 vial of medication per night. This time I have been upped to 1.5 vials a day in hopes to create more than 1 mature follicle. Do you think they will up me to 4 vials just to be safe this time? If I turned out to be octo-mom I would be okay with that, I would just keep the pick of the litter and give the rest out as Easter gifts.
The shot last night wasn't very pleasant, I didn't faint so that is a plus. It was just uncomfortable, more so than last time. It burned as it was being injected and stung for a while after. My guess would be that since I am now using 1.5 vials of medication and still only 1ml of disolvant, the solution is more concentrated. It's part of the game though. I will endure the pain because it will all be worth it in the end, I hope.
I have an appointment Saturday morning with my regular Dr. for another ultrasound and more blood work. Told you I was always there. I plan on asking him if its common that the artificial insemination doesn't take on the first try, if the fact that my estrogen level dropping back into the 40's so quickly has anything to do with it not taking, if there was something I did that may have caused it to not work, and if there is anything I can do to help this work.
My hopes are up and down. I am trying to stay positive but its hard when the last round didn't take. I have to keep reminding myself that I still have two more tries though. I find that it hits me at the most random of times, well to be honest it feels more like all the time. I see so many people who are pregnant that are uploading pictures of their "baby bump" or ultrasound pictures to facebook. While I am happy for them, and they have every right to do that, it just kills me. My skin is thin right now. I am doing all I can do get through this. The next month is going to be long, as was the last, but I am hoping this time I have a different outcome...
No comments:
Post a Comment