Life...you have a plan of how you want and think it will go. You follow the steps to achieve all you have dreamed of but occasionally life will throw you a curve ball that will derail all of your original plans. You are left collecting the pieces, trying to put the puzzle back together and trying to figure out what to do when all of your dreams fall through. This is the story of us, picking up our pieces...

Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Favorite Words...

There is nothing that brings me more comfort than hearing someone tell me "there are plenty of people out there going through the same thing" and "sorry but your not the only one that's had to deal with this". While I am fully aware that I am not the only person in the world going through this, my pain isn't subsided by this....especially when it comes from someone who is currently expecting a baby they never planned or intended having.

There is no easy way to approach this problem.  Nothing less than a healthy happy baby is going to make me feel better but people don't seem to understand that.  It is very hard for someone who has not gone through this to understand the pain, or even imagine it for that matter.  No one in their right mind would walk up to a person that as terminally ill with cancer and ask them to feel better just because they aren't alone.  Nor would you walk up to a man in a wheel chair who was paralyzed and tell them that there are lots of others out there who can't walk either. 

I could not imagine what life would be like if I was paralyzed and could not walk so how can I truly empathize with someone who is in that situation?  I can't, that's the truth but what I can do is be understanding and caring and try to feel their pain.  This is no different...I did not ask to be in this situation, I did not think this is how my life would go, my hope and dreams and all I have planned for are riding on this but even still I am trying with all my might to make the most of life and am trying to be as okay as possible.  That is easier said that done though. 

On the bright side of life...I watched my 6 month old nephew over the weekend while his parents went to Vegas.  It was amazing.  Life with a baby was so much fun.  The smiles and giggles he gave brought so much warmth to my heart.  Giving him back was a little hard simply because I wanted to keep him forever!  My house was quiet again...something current mothers are wishing they could have.  I am so grateful I got to have the time with him that I did.  The middle of the night fussing from cutting a tooth was honestly a joy to deal with.  They are so pure, so sweet, they have not one mean bone in their body, no ill thought, they have yet to be corrupted by society and the troubles of life...they are truly a blessing and a gift.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment