Life...you have a plan of how you want and think it will go. You follow the steps to achieve all you have dreamed of but occasionally life will throw you a curve ball that will derail all of your original plans. You are left collecting the pieces, trying to put the puzzle back together and trying to figure out what to do when all of your dreams fall through. This is the story of us, picking up our pieces...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Becoming a Pro...

I am a little late and behind on posting the follow up to my Dr appointment on Saturday, I know.  But before I get to that I have to brag a little.  As you know, I have been a total wimp when it comes to receiving my shots.  It would start to get better toward the end of a cycle because I would get be getting use to them again.  As soon as we would stop for a while and then have to start up again, I would resort back to being the same chicken I was on day one...minus the fainting thank goodness!  When we did my shot on Saturday for the first time in a really long time I did not stall or flinch!!  Now, this may be because we were running late for a company dinner and I had no choice but to buck up and put on my big girl panties.  I don't care what the reason was, I'll take it.  This was no fluke either.  Its been a breeze doing the injections every night since.  Watch me jinx myself now!

On to the important but not nearly as interesting stuff...Everything looked good in the ultrasound on Saturday.  My ovaries are back to normal size and I am finally out of the danger zone with hyper-stimulation.  What a relief that it!!  I was so sick of not being able to run, always worrying about falling or getting knocked over, and sleeping with my legs up on this awful wedge to keep them elevated.  I like to sleep on my side and be able to toss and turn.  I am also loving that I can workout again and release some stress.  I ran for the first time in weeks yesterday.  Well, let me rephrase that, I walked and ran for the first time in weeks yesterday.  It was only four and a half miles and was harder than h-e-double-hockey-stick but I got through it and felt amazing after!  I'm sure I only have a few more days or a week left to be able to do this so I am going to soak it up while I can.

Now that we have a better understanding as to how my body reacts to the medication we are able to start to fine tune the dosage to try and get my body to mature 3-4 follicles in one cycle.  My body is quite stubborn in the beginning of the shot cycle.  It does not like to cooperate and will keep my levels low.  We started this round with two vials of FSH a day for four days to try and not make the cycle so long and drawn out.  Hopefully my estrogen will steadily increase with that dosage. I go back to the Dr. tomorrow morning for more blood work and depending on my levels I may go in Thursday for an ultrasound.

The tricky part is to not allow my levels to spike like they did last time and possibly turning me into the next octo-mom.  We know that as soon as my estrogen hits 200-250 it then takes off like a rocket.  In an attempt to avoid this we are going to start to taper my medication back as my levels reach higher.  Hopefully this time we will have better luck at this guessing game and not make 1 follicle like the firs time and 7 like the last.

In an attempt to de-stress and get a break from reality we decided to become boat owners.  We will now be spending our free weekends floating around some body of water...

No comments:

Post a Comment