Yesterday marked 3 weeks to the day since my last Dr's appointment. She had told me after quitting the medication I was to srart my period in 2-3 weeks. So, when yesterday came and went with no period I was rather excited and hopeful thinking maybe just maybe we somehow were pregnant. That was short lived...I took a urine test last night and a blood test at the Dr today both of which were negative, of course!!!!
I called this morning to see where we go from here and to ask why I hadn't started if I wasn't in fact pregnant. The answer I was told was much like all the others I have gotten..."this can happen with hypothalamic amenorrhea". I of course had to know why and what happened with the follicles then. Apparently my body body did not produce LH, the hormone that triggers your body to release the follicles, just as it does not naturally produce FSH, the follicle stimulating hormone. Why, no one knows. It is par for the course with everything I am going through though. As for the 7 mature follicles...they dissolved andwere absorbed by my body. What a waste of 7 good eggs if you ask me!!!!
In order to finish off this hell of a cycle that started back on May 31st I will start taking 10 days worth of progesterone. Lord pleas help poor David! I absolutely loath this stuff. This is the hormone they use to thicken the lining of your uterus and stop you after 10 days to force your period. It makes me miserable. I will cry tears of sorrow then get depressed, the kind where you don't even want to get out of bed, not.or.breath. And then when those fun parts are over I turn into a raging bitch. It is unlike any other mood swing you could image. When I told Dave that I had to start taking progesterone pills again he asked if I could substitute them out for the suppositories like we used after the completion of a cycle. I already asked that too buddy...no cigar! When I told him how much I was dreading taking them again because of the crazy that comes with them he proceeded to say "you think you are....?" Gotta love those husbands!
Tonight I will be taking my first pill. There are 10 days worth to take and after 4-7 days after that I should start my period. Which means in just over 2 I can start a new cycle. I'm so ready to be done with this and start to try again. I have had a long enough of a break and am ready to get back to business...
My sister is an IVF Coordinator for the California Center for Reproductive Medicine. If you ever want her info, just let me know.
ReplyDelete