As I was walking out of Home Depot with Dave this afternoon I realized how lucky I am. Life may not be working out as I hoped and dreamed it would have but that doesn't mean there isn't lot to be thankful for. Nothing spectacular happened in this trip to trigger these thoughts either. Today has been a rather mellow 4th this actually. We woke up late, had breakfast at 11am and did not even get out of our jammies until noon. We stopped at a few stores and aimlessly walked around looking at things we would like to someday get. At Home Depot we picked up a new transformer to hook up all of the outdoor landscape lighting and a new dimmer switch for the family room. It was a simple trip but something triggered an emotion that made me look at Dave and melt.
We have been together just over 8 years now but have never been at a better place in our relationship. I can honestly say that I love him more today than I did in the beginning. At first it was puppy love but now, now I adore, respect, admire and truly love that man. As I sit here writing this I can not even think of the words I want to use to describe how I feel for him because it is that strong. My life would be nothing with out him. He is the calm to my storm, the ying to my yang and like xanex for my crazy. He balances me out like no other. He is not what I thought I would end up with, not nearly as affectionate and loving as I had thought I wanted but I don't care because he has turned out to be more than I had ever dreamed of. He has is flaws do don't gag in disgust of the love fest I am having. I know do that when I see new couples who are soooo in love. Do you not remember my last post? Believe me, it ain't all perfect...I'm just having a moment :)
I hope everyone had a safe and happy 4th...
And to make you giggle...my mother-in-law is convinced that we are going to have twin boys if any when we get this party started. So much so she had already started preparing and getting me the essentials, a double jogger and a double stroller...

No comments:
Post a Comment