Life...you have a plan of how you want and think it will go. You follow the steps to achieve all you have dreamed of but occasionally life will throw you a curve ball that will derail all of your original plans. You are left collecting the pieces, trying to put the puzzle back together and trying to figure out what to do when all of your dreams fall through. This is the story of us, picking up our pieces...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

And So it Begins....

Our first step in solving this mystery was to take a 10 day progesterone challenge and give a truck load of blood work.  Progesterone is a hormone that our bodies normally produce.  It allows the lining of the uterus to thicken.  When the hormone is stopped the body sheds the lining,  creating a period.  The hopes of doing this is to kick your body back into sync.  Sometimes our bodies need a little help to get things going. 
Now as you can imagine, when you pump your body with foreign hormones you are asking for some crazy to come out, and boy did I have some!  The 10 days of being on this miserable teeny tiny little pill was nothing short of a roller coaster ride. 


During the derail of this emotional train, my cousin had her baby shower.  Bad timing for my pills, I know!  That morning I woke up and felt like I had been hit by a semi of emotions.  I couldn't even get out of bed I was crying so hard and to make matters worse Dave was going out of town with all of the boys for a guys weekend of riding and shooting.  Everything was working against me. 


After 2 straight hours of laying on the floor crying like a child whose mom said she couldn't have candy, I pulled myself together, went to my mommas house, they always know best, and got ready for the shower there.  I am so glad I pulled myself together enough to go.  It was difficult and painful at times, knowing that my fertility was unknown, but it was a wonderful time that I wouldn't miss for the world...




No comments:

Post a Comment