After the HSG was completed I went home to rest up only to head back to the hospital for an ultrasound. Dave wasn't able to make it to the HSG in the morning but came home in the knick of time to go to the ultrasound.
When we were called into the room Dave went in first because I had to go to the restroom. When I cam back in the room I closed the door and went to take my pants off. The look on Dave's face...he stared at me and paused for second before asking "Amber!!!!! Are you supposed to be taking your pants off?" I looked at him with confusion and wondered how he thought they were going to see my ovaries. Maybe they were going to waive their magic hands over my stomach and be able to see everything inside. As I continued to get undressed I explained to Dave why it was necessary.
Before we got to the ovaries we saw the lining of my uterus. It was about as thick as a piece of paper, confirming my hypothalamic amenorrhea. When we panned over to the ovaries we saw all the little eggs in there. Is it strange that made me all weepy? You would have thought that I saw an ultrasound of my first child!! Both ovaries had eggs. Now we need to make them mature...
No comments:
Post a Comment