Life...you have a plan of how you want and think it will go. You follow the steps to achieve all you have dreamed of but occasionally life will throw you a curve ball that will derail all of your original plans. You are left collecting the pieces, trying to put the puzzle back together and trying to figure out what to do when all of your dreams fall through. This is the story of us, picking up our pieces...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

When Reality Sinks In...

Two weeks went by after stopping the progesterone and the sad sad reality sank in that I still did not have a period.  After several Dr's appointments and consultations, we were now considered an infertility case.

The news was heart wrenching, devastating and took the breath right out of my lungs.  How can this be?  Dave and I have waited so long for this moment.  We wanted everything to be right.  We never gave in when people pressured us.  We moved and bought a house for children.  We researched schools.  We have a list of baby names we have complied for years.  We knew what room was going to be the nursery and had postponed redoing that room with hopes to change it soon anyway.  How is this happening...to us??

This whole experience took me back to the way I felt when my dad was diagnosed with cancer and passed away shortly after.  You always hear of people having fertility problems and going through crazy things to achieve the ultimate goal parenthood but you never think it would happen to you.  I felt like I was always just telling people our story about our infertility but that it wasn't really happening to us.

We were referred to our first infertility specialist in March.  Right from the get go we couldn't stand the woman, not the relationship you want to have with the person that may or may not hold your future in their hands, but continued with her recommendations...more progesterone and more blood work!

This time I wasn't lucky enough to take those devil pills...can you imagine me wishing I had those again?  Oh no...this time I had to get two intra-muscular shots...one in each ass cheek!  My wonderful, caring husband was there from the consult with the specialist all the way down to the shots.  He sat there and laughed the whole time!!  I am glad someone found humor from my pain!

As you can imagine, the hormones sank in again and my emotions went wild.  Once again there was more crying, more pain and more suffering...

No comments:

Post a Comment