Life...you have a plan of how you want and think it will go. You follow the steps to achieve all you have dreamed of but occasionally life will throw you a curve ball that will derail all of your original plans. You are left collecting the pieces, trying to put the puzzle back together and trying to figure out what to do when all of your dreams fall through. This is the story of us, picking up our pieces...

Monday, May 23, 2011

Catching Up...

We all think that life will work out as we plan.  I thought I did everything right and took all the correct steps for a good life.  Of course we all make mistakes here and there but in the end I thought I did okay.  Dave and I started dating in 2003, still in high school, and seeing as we were foolish teenagers we decided that moving in together at the "mature" age of 18 was a grand idea.  We got engaged shortly after and started planning my dream wedding.  June 10, 2006 I married my best friend.  Life from then till now has been nothing short of a roller coaster.  


Against all my wishes, Dave and I looked for homes outside of Orange County.  After much persuasion we both agreed that if we wanted the big house with the big back yard and room for a family, all while being affordable too, we would have to venture out of our comfort zone.  Almost a year into our search and after a long fight, we found the home of our dreams.  In 2009 we bought our first house!!


Now as you can imagine, we have received flack for not having kids.  I mean, we have been together for 8 years and for quite some time we were the only ones in the family that were married.  We never gave in though.  No matter how hard we were hounded we knew that we wanted to wait for the right time for us, like there is a right time, right??


After the birth of our handsome nephew, Levi, and the announcement of our cousin's expected baby, we decided our time had come to make a family of our own.  In December of 2010 the trying began...

No comments:

Post a Comment