Life...you have a plan of how you want and think it will go. You follow the steps to achieve all you have dreamed of but occasionally life will throw you a curve ball that will derail all of your original plans. You are left collecting the pieces, trying to put the puzzle back together and trying to figure out what to do when all of your dreams fall through. This is the story of us, picking up our pieces...

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Man Down....

The moment has come...the day of my first injection.  Dave and I were heading to Vegas the following day and needed to take Lola to my moms.  The injections have to be given at the same time every day, 8:00 pm, so we packed up all our supplies and took them to my moms to do the injection there.

My mom came in to watch being the nosy person she is.  Dave and I had the mixing down in no time.  It wasn't the mixing I was concerned with anyway.  I cleaned my belly and was ready to shoot.  Easier said than done!  I must have stood there for 10 minutes with my skin gathered in my fingers and the syringe in the other hand.  Lets put it this way, I was standing there for so long my mom decided to go into the living room and watch TV.

The nerves never subsided and I knew that I just had to do it.  Waiting wasn't going to make it any easier.  I asked Dave to grab me a chair out of the dining room just in case I fainted.  Without a blink I stuck the needle in to the left side of my stomach.  I really don't think there was any pain but no matter how hard I pushed the plunger, the medication only came out super slow.  I was down to 1/2ml left of medication.  I was clammy and dizzy...it was only a matter of time before I went down like the titanic.  It took everything in me to stay conscious just long enough to finish the injection.

When I started to come to I could feel Dave rubbing my shoulders and asking me if I was okay.  I don't even remember giving him the needle but I knew I had finished my injection myself and must have handed it to him as I was fainting.  I have never fainted so bad in my life.  I have fainted several times and never felt as bad as I did this time.  Usually I can hear what is going on around me and know I fainted when I come to.  This time, I had no idea where I was, what happened or what was going on.  It was the worst feeling.

Later my sweet and adoring husband told me "You know how I am terrified of The Exorcism?".  Dave said that when I fainted my eyes rolled in the back of my head and my head went backwards.  When my head came forward I was making this gurgling sound but was still out cold.  Even after my eyes rolled back I was still out for a while.  Apparently all of this reminded Dave of this movie and for a moment there he was scared shitless.  So instead of being worried about his poor wife the man was ready to run!

I thought the nurse said no one ever fainted.  There is a first for everything....

No comments:

Post a Comment